Monday, November 17, 2014

#MicroblogMondays: Feeding the ducks

There are days when all seems wrong in the world. That no matter what you do, you feel like you can't get ahead. I've been feeling that way a lot lately with my career. I won't go into the details now, but needless to say the path I originally started on has become incredibly rocky, if not completely disappeared under my feet.

On days like this, the only cure is simple pleasures. Today, I decided it was time the Beats learned how to feed the ducks. Packing up some oats and defrosted peas, we made our way to a local park that has a fountain populated by resident ducks.

Amid lots of quacking and splashing, you could easily hear happy shrieks and coos from two very entertained toddlers. That happiness chasing the grey clouds hanging over my head away.


12 comments:

  1. Awwwww, what a great idea! They must have loved this!!!! Good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things are so rocky right now. I hope your professional path smooths out soon.

    In the meantime I'm glad you have these precious moments to delight in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! (Sometimes there's really nothing more to say. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how simple little things like that can make such a difference? I hear you on the career front. I feel like whenever I get discouraged in that area, I think about my little one and can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry things are rocky on the career front. That has to be tough, hopefully things start to smooth out for you sooner rather than later.

    Feeding the ducks was one of my favourite things to do as a child. I can't wait until Paloma is old enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I agree--if I weren't so tired, maybe I would have time to be brilliant again :)

    I'm glad you took some time to make memories with the twins. In all of the craziness of life, it's easy to forgot the small things, especially in the eyes of a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved feeding the ducks when we were kids too. I also hear you on the career front. :p Sending (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been having career woes lately too. They suck! But I'm glad you found a way to get away and enjoy the day with your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great strategy, getting out of your head for awhile to lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you found such a fun way to chase those gray clouds away! Hoping things get better on the career front.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you're going through the career greyness. But glad you grabbed that moment with the ducks. We had to stop feeling the ducks here because the goose came into the territory and they would get very angry if you stopped feeding them for the day. Lots of chasing and squawking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea. When you can't do anything about the stressful situation to enjoy the simple pleasures. I need to do more of this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved