Monday, June 11, 2018

#MicroblogMondays: Busy

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

I have a love-hate relationship with being busy. On the one hand, there's the thrill that comes with having something to do that not only gets me out of bed in the morning, but also makes the hours of the day fly by. This aspect of being productive and working towards a goal is one I absolutely love.

The hate part comes with pushing self-care to the back burner and finding myself pulling away from things that brought me solace. This blog being the first thing to take a hit each and every single time.

So I'm promising to try and be mindful about this space more. Because even though things are coming together, with Grey's travel looming on top of summer camps and activities for the Beats on the horizon as well as finalization for Kindergarten placement (we're fairly confident they will be attending their homeschool, meaning they will already be signed up for aftercare) and me getting into the swing of things with work, there's also a need for balance and finding a way to write here. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I understand this! I think the perfect day is one with just enough 'busy' for the hours to fly by until I'm ready to unwind, and then be complete. Those days when you just manage to wrap up that utterly engrossing analysis/email/report/problem right at the time you want to walk out the door to go home? Those days are wonderful!

    I wish you success in finding the balance you're seeking. Know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for good things, even when you're not writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you figure out how to do this, clue me in.

    Good luck with all that's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, yes... The busy trap!I feel like during the school year I am neglectful, but once it's summer I am way better at prioritizing my time. My bullet journal has a big fat hole in it for May and June because I let that go instead this time, but I can't wait for summer and the freedom to do all the self care things. I hope you find that balance, too, amidst all the craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you figure out busy/self-care balance, you could write a self-help book and make a fortune! I think the first battle - and victory - is being aware of the need for self-care. Good for you for taking that step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Self-care, although such a high priority, always seems to be taken off the list first. It’s hard. I’m working on this. Training myself and my family that I am as important as they all are....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound so very busy...! but yes, make sure to make some time for you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved