Jos post today was the kick in the butt I've been needing. I reminder that even when things are tough, especially with this time of year, there is still so much good in the world.
So, inspired by Jos, here's a brief list what I'm thankful for today.
- Grey. For being an amazing life partner who has and continues to stand by me through thick and thin. For believing in me during moments when it feels like no one else does. For seeing the good when I'm surrounded by the bad.
- The Beats. For reminding me how crazy/wonderful this world can be. For helping me remember to find joy in the simplest things.
- Our support system. Who help keep us fueled with love, weekly meals and excuses to get outside. These friends and family members have been invaluable and I hate to think where we'd be without them.
- Our home. Though Seattle is gray this time of year, it's still amazingly beautiful here. The Beats and I have walked this city up and down and are still finding new wonders (like the Sea Lions at Alki Beach) at every turn.
- Connections and unknown opportunities. I currently have so many irons in the fire at the moment. Yes, I've been burned at times, but the fact that my connections are working with me as I work on finding a new path career-wise, I know I'm fortunate.
- Finally, for these two amazing souls. Who know just the right moment to cuddle in when all seems wrong in the world. Who tolerate not-so-gentle pets from the Beats (we're working on correcting this) and remind me that sometimes the best cure is a good meal and a long nap.