Tuesday, January 10, 2017

#MicroblogMondays: Robobear vs. the Clique

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

Years ago, I there was an art show in my neighborhood featuring the work of Justin Hillgrove. Sometimes, if we're lucky, we find (or if we're really lucky, create) art, a poem, a quote that just says it all. 
by Justin Hillgrove
As my friend, the dear, departed Princess Leia, said to me, "Take your broken heart, make it into art."
~Meryl Streep

5 comments:

  1. Wow... that image. This is the first (I think) that I've heard of Justin Hillgrove. Going to see other works now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I hadn't heard of this artist. But I looked him and this piece, and I see he has a Facebook page.

    Princess Leia's words through Meryl Streep certainly have meaning for IF bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I've seen his art before.. I love this quote. Agree with Lori, there is so much meaning behind it for our infertility journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's a beautiful beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've repeated that quote to myself at least twenty times this week - talk about inspirational! I don't claim my writing is art, but it has resonated really deeply with lots of normal people who have found release through blogging. I've never heard of this artist, I'm going to have a look at that link now. Robobear vs. the Clique is very poignant...

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved