Tuesday, January 17, 2017

#MicroblogMondays: Wash, rinse, repeat

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

You always remember where you were when you receive bad news. With my first miscarriage, I was climbing the stairs in our condo. Our second miscarriage the news came while sitting in the car. Last year, Grey telling me he had been fired occurred while I was in the tea room. 

Yesterday it was while I was climbing the hill towards home.

The truth is we don't know exactly what will happen now that the company Grey works for has been sold. There's always the possibility that his job is secure, but given the talk occurring it seems like preparing to jump ship is the best course of action.

I'm just so tired of doing this all over again. We just got through my rollercoaster of job hunting, knowing full well that I'm truly not settled into anything long-term. There's also the fact that Grey actually enjoys his coworkers and has been loving working with this team. The final element is hearing about the Beats telling Grey that they love their school and their teachers. All of it just makes me want to cry.

So we're back on the familiar roller coaster of job hunting and finding childcare arrangements. Back to trying to make all of this work for our family.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

8 comments:

  1. Ugh that sounds so stressful and discouraging. And while job stress is burden enough it really sucks when the outcomes are outside your control. sorry you are going through the process of abandoning ship shins, even if so far only on an anticipatory level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate that the job market these days is so unsettled. It seems there is no such thing as a long-term permanent job anymore. Here's hoping for the best, whatever happens to Grey's company. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that's horrible. I hope that he will get to stay, and that new ownership will want to continue largely as business as usual, but it is good to be prepared too. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry. How exhausting for you and Grey! Sending you lots of love and light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hon. :( Today, I'm just holding you. And hoping that when the dust settles, all is as it was the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a few days late here. I'm hoping that by now, things are more settled and at least you know what the path forward looks like.

    Hugs for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. You both were just getting settled! I'm confused about the Beats though- is their childcare provider through his work?

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved