Tuesday, September 6, 2016

#MicroblogMondays: Walden

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cur a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner and reduce it to its lowest terms."
~ Henry David Thoreau. Walden











9 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. Especially the ones with the Beats hiking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Oh! Oh! I want to go there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! In all of my years of living in Massachusetts, I never made it to Walden. Now I'm really sad seeing what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I was so thrilled to see the Beats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so refreshing! I see why Thoreau loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! -- especially the photo of the twins. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! It's like the original Tiny House. Love the twins hiking about in these particular woods. And the pond! Maybe on one of our trips up to Maine we should stop here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The only time I've been to Walden is in January. It's a completely different look in the winter - still lovely, but different. Nice to see some pictures from summer. The Beats look like they were enjoying the hike!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved