Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let there be light

There are two ways of spreading light: To be the candle or the mirror that reflects it~ Edith Wharton


Source

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Today, like so many of others in this community, I am remember the angels we lost too soon. Though life a year later is so drastically different, the scars left by miscarriage are still very real.

Tonight at 7 pm I am lighting a candle in remembrance of our angels as well as for the angels of dear friends. I will remember the joy that each of them brought to us and thank them for being guardian angels to the Beats. And, like last year, I will allow myself to grieve my body failing them in hope that in my grief I learn to forgive myself for losing them too soon.

To my fellow brothers and sisters who are lighting candles tonight; to those who are tending the wounds and scars created by loss: my heart is with you and your angels. May this wave of light spreading around the world bring all of you peace.

8 comments:

  1. It really comforts me to think of all those lights making their way around the globe for our babies. Thinking of you all and sending peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Such a powerfully amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK as one of the world's biggest U2 fans this is weird....This particular song has come up more than once for me today and it is definitely one of my favorites...remembering my babies and this song go almost hand in hand....thank you for a beautiful post....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a powerful day! I nominated you for The Stork Award and wanted to make sure you knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, Cristy, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved