Monday, September 24, 2018

#MicroblogMondays: Meet Norman

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.


Knitting has always been a great distraction when life gets too complicated. Prior to Maddy and Teddy, knitting was my refuge following a bad day or when infertility seemed like it was sucking the life out of me. Over the past 5 years, though, its been hard to find time to pick up the needles. 

Thursday evening, though, I hit a wall and knew I would be needing help to get out of my funk.

Meet Norman the Hedgehog


Given that Grey has been working on a project where all things hedgehog have been a running joke and the fact that hedgehogs are not allowed in California, I figured this would be put to good use.



Sadly, only Maddy and Teddy were fans (Grey declared him an armadillo). So I'm off to round 2 of hedgehog knitting and Norman has found a new home with one of the neighbor children. But it feels oddly good to pick up the needles again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been in a funk lately, but I love Norman! That's actually my mom's maiden name. I admire people that are crafty and great knitters. Also, I learned something new! I had no idea hedgehogs aren't allowed in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Norman! Now I need to learn how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm a bit stressed out at the moment too. Maybe I should be knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norman is fantastic!!! I've been pondering trying to knit, given that I"m stuck at home with approximately 1 working brain cell. You may have given me the inspiration I needed to get going with Norman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Norman! I'm impressed, I only ever managed things that were square when knitting, and you have a FACE! and a body! I think he looks like a new kind of hedgehog, the smooth variety. :) Definitely not an armadillo, those aren't nearly as cute as Norman. Love the kitty shot, too. I'm glad you're finding a creative outlet for your stress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! What's with California banning hedgehogs, anyway?

    I'd like to learn how to knit one of these. I used to knit, but only really super basic stuff. Like scarves and leg warmers (shows how long ago it was).

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Catching up on my blog reading & commenting after my vacation...!) I did some knitting & crocheting as a kid, but probably haven't picked up a hook or needles since I was in junior high. Norman is adorable... I bow to your creativity!!

    I have a friend (a former blogger) who crochets little animals & other figures. She crochets Christmas ornaments every year for her niece & nephews (a different theme every year). She & a group of friends also knit & crochet chemo caps for cancer patients & baby loss items (little hats, buntings & blankets) for stillborn/miscarried babies.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved