Monday, February 19, 2018

#MicroblogMondays: vorfreude

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.



It snowed on Saturday. And as beautiful as that snowfall was, the demand of snow clean-up so my landlord could show our unit left me officially done with our current situation. 

But instead of hating on my landlord and everyone else who has abused us, I'm choosing to be filled with vorfreude for this pending move. Daydreaming about seeing daffodils and tulips again very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Such a sunny picture! We are having a snowstorm here, so your message of vorfreude is a good one. Thanks for the new word, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new word! Thank you. I love it. And yes, thoughts of daffodils and tulips are always nice. Snow always seems so exotic to me - worth a day of inconvenience (which is as long as it lasts here), I can't imagine what it must be like to have it for weeks or months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love the word "vorfreude." Those Germans do a great job of capturing specific things in one word! I'm glad you can let the crap here go and look forward to daffodils and tulips and a new start elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that word. Is it the friendlier cousin of schadenfreude, I wonder

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love daffodils (& tulips)... I used to buy some to have on my desk at work at this time of year. Always brightened my spirits considerably!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved