Monday, November 21, 2011

November ICLW

My first ever ICLW.  Welcome all!  Here's a quick introduction on me and our journey.

1) My name is Cristy. My husband, Grey, and I have been together 8 1/2 years, happily married 7 1/2 years.  Yeah, I know. Very fast engagement.  But when you find the love of your life, it's hard not to want to be together.

2) We are the proud parents of two furbabies, Jaxson and Daisy (both 9 years old). Both add so much light and laughter to our lives.  Both have extensive back stories.  I'll share in the near future.

3) Contrary to everyone else we know (family, co-workers and friends) we can't get pregnant.  We've been trying for 2 years to conceive with not a single BFP to date (despite all the tears, cursing and threats to the universe).  After doing the IUI route, we are now preparing for IVF #1 this December.

4) To deal with the stress caused by infertility and being surrounded others who are able to conceive just fine, I knit.  And I knit a lot.  To the point that I now have knitting injuries (no joke) and more yarn than should be tolerated.  I have a niece and 2 nephews, so they are current recipients of my many projects, but I've also made fertility socks for women undergoing fertility treatments.  To date, I am 3 for 3!

5) After almost a year of being a lurker, I decided to take the plunge into blogging.  I'm not a writer (nor do I pretend to be), but the community I've found through the blogs I've followed has helped give me strength and hope as we make this journey. I look forward to meeting new bloggers as well as coming out of the lurker closet with the old.


 

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with IVF #1. I hear you about everyone around you able to get preggers. If I see one more facebook profile pic of someone's uterus and the baby it contains I may lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Swinging by from ICLW! Sorry to hear about your long journey :( I commiserate (not sure if I spelled that correctly). I am soooo sending you baby dust for your IVF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GL with the first IVF. I'll be reading about your journey with that as I am thinking that is something husband and I will have to do. Fingers crossed our first IUI works, but you know how that goes...

    Welcome to the world of blogging! Stopping by from ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW!

    5) I'm a lurker/new blogger and I've found the blog community really helpful and informative.

    Good thoughts for your IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your IVF- I'll be reading your journey. The hubs and I are hoping we might be able to take that route at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging world! I don't knit but I do crochet. While we were in the deep end of TTC #1 I crocheted many blankets.

    Wishing you the best on your upcoming cycle in Dec!

    Happy ICLW #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to ICLW and to blogging. Blogging has been a great stress reliever for me during my IVF days. I also knitted, a lot, and had to stop once I had baby because I could not find the time to do it, but I now have all this yarn calling my name. I started an alpaca blanket, and it is half finished, now I need my mom's help to finish it, so I just dropped it off at her house. Everybody had a laugh at me for simply demanding that mom finish my project. I used to be a knitter...and I miss it a bit. One day I will pick up the needles again.
    ICLW 101

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ICLW, and thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations on making it out of the lurker closet. As MrsH said above, blogging can be a great stress relief! I also enjoy, at times, going back and reading what I've written. Gives me some perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to blog land... hoping you find some amazing friends to share this journey with...
    i was looking at your blog and saw that you have many IRL friends who are also doing ivf or fertility treatments.... its so nice to have such a great support group.
    hoping you don't get discouraged by the sad stories and that this ivf cycle is a win for you
    xoxo
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy ICLW week!

    So glad you took the plunge and started blogging. I have always wanted to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from ICLW!! Good luck on your upcoming IVF. I am currently smack in the middle of my first (and praying only) IVF cycle! I look forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be crossing my fingers for you this upcoming IVF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Welcome to ICLW! I think you'll really love it.

    Lots of luck with your upcoming cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi from ICLW.

    Fingers crossed for your IVF. Also, this community has given me so much, I hope you find it to be as amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved