Monday, February 1, 2016

#Microblog Mondays: painted toes

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too.

We've been battling sickness for the past month. Between fevers, running noses and hacking coughs, there's been many a sick-day and sleepless night. This past Saturday both Beats were cranky from mild fevers, so plans to visit the library and spending time outside were promptly canceled.

Instead, through a process I still quite don't understand, I found both Beats raiding my collection of nail polish. And then promptly insisting on having their toes painted.

It's been awhile since I've given myself a pedicure. Though I use to be meticulous about caring for my feet, these past couple of years doing anything besides trimming my toenails has become a challenge. So it was a bit of a circus going through my kit and finding all the supplies for this process.

In the end, both Beats happily admired their toes. Even He-Beat, who usually fights me even with trimming his nails.


13 comments:

  1. I love everything about this. Such nommable pedicured toddler toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tiny painted toes! What a great way to soothe the sick Beats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I'm impressed that they were able to sit still and wait for it to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love doing my nails, but it's been a while... what a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Especially that they BOTH wanted it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you all enjoyed that! It's a nice moment, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it when X went through his phase of nail painting. It was so fun, yet fleeting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely moment to share! I hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Cheeks LOVES getting her toes painted - it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so cute! Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved