Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quick update . . .

It's that time of year, again.  With the holiday season in full swing, finals week is looming.  My students are officially in full panic mode (I've been informed that I'm part of the problem) and demanding that some form of help comes ASAP.  So, it's bullet points for today.


  • Had first monitoring appointment this morning.  And we have 15 follicles currently at 10 mm!  There are potentially more, but they won't be able to tell for a few more days.  Next appointment is Friday morning.
  • The drugs are making me very sleepy.  Last night I passed out at 8 pm.  This means I was up at 4 am.  Jax and Dais were totally excited about the idea of 4 am breakfast.  
  • Because of said panic, my students have requested two review sessions prior to the final.  One over the weekend (which I can do) and another right before.  Problem is, I may be doing the retrieval at that time.  So I had to level with them and tell them that I was going to be having surgery, but can try to set up a skype review session.  Now they're concerned I'm dying.  It's nice to be liked.
  • We've been slowly decorating the house for Christmas and I now have two very happy furballs who are camped under the tree.  Jax has moved all his favorite toys and insists that play time center around him hiding under the branches.  When I'm more awake, I'll post pictures.
  • With the holiday session comes holiday parties.  Grey and I are being selective regarding which ones were attending.  And I've thrown all caution to the wind and have been telling everyone who asks how we are about our IVF cycle. Found it's been a great way to get people to shut up regarding the "when are you going to have children" question and allows me to immediately deal with any misconceptions regarding this treatment.  I'm sure this will bite me in the ass at some point, but I'm officially done caring about what other people think.

3 comments:

  1. I like your last point. This is about your journey, not what they think about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasper used to live under my tree when I had it up, when he was alive. My tree skirt still has some of his fur on it. I'm not removing the fur for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome things are progressing so well!! I love your last point... I'm getting to that point but not sure how to just put it out there. Its like you don't feel quite as isolated once you share it with someone. Wishing you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved