Monday, December 5, 2011

Award encouraging TMI

Hooray for another award!  This one from Her Royal Fabulousness at Waiting for Little Feet, promoting community and encouraging oversharing.   If you haven't had a chance, I highly recommend you check out her newly redesigned blog about her infertility journey.


Similar to the Liebster Blog Award, certain rules also apply in receiving this award:
  • Thank the person who passed the award on to you. (Thanks Her Royal Fabulousness!)
  • List 7 things that people may not know about you.
  • Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don't forget to notify them as well.  Feel free to ignore my nomination if you received it from someone else
1) I hate crowds.  This makes activities like shopping, concerts, airports, etc a bit difficult.  Having a plan of attack when needing to be in crowded areas helps a lot and so do various forms of distraction, but I have my limits.

2) I love water.  Particularly large bodies of it.  Some of my best nights of sleep involved being near rivers, lakes and the ocean.  I love how free my body feels when I'm floating, the energy of water rushing past me, how warm and wonderful the liquid feels as it surrounds me.  In my next life, I'm coming back as a mermaid.

3) As much as I hate to admit it, I'm hopeless addicted to Disney.  I cried like a baby at the beginning of "Up," hosted a girls-night-out centering around "Finding Nemo," watched the "Lion King" more than I care to admit, you get the picture.  We even spent part of our honeymoon at Disneyland.  Corny, yes. Totally worth it, though.

4) I'm the opposite of a rapid adopter.  Smart phones scare me.  Just starting a blog was a huge deal.  Universe help me if Grey dies before I do.

5) Some of my happiest memories involve sinking my hands into soft, black soil and working in fields in the Midwest.  Despite this, I've managed to kill most of my plants.

6) I dream in color.

7) I've never been off the North American continent.  No joke.  Everyone else in my family has traveled to Europe, Asia, even the Middle East.  Your's truly really wants to travel.  Or at least live abroad.  Trying to convince Grey that this is a great option since doing what everyone else does doesn't seem to be working for us.

Now the blogs;

Brooke at Becoming Parents
Trisha at The Elusive Second Line
Will Carry On
Kayla at Life is Simple, It's Just Not Easy
Chanel at Just waiting for my turn
Hope Delayed
Jessica at Our roller coaster through IVF . . .
Amanda at My life in a nut shell
Gee at Geebaby
Rebecca at Life of an Army Wife
Alissa at Miss Conception
Belle at Scrambled Eggs
Rachel at Eggs in a Row
Rain Child at Weathering the Storm . . . 
Sara at A Mommy's Thoughts

Have fun, all!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog shout out!

    I cry when I watch Up too. Every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination. I too hate crowds, thus I hate shopping.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved